Thursday, March 22, 2007

La Mala and Antonio Carmona

More about Maria 'La Mala' Rodriguez. While recording her new album she also had a side project and worked with Antonio Carmona (former lead singer of the Spanish band Ketama) on his debut solo album 'Vengo Venenoso'. They worked together on the song 'Ay de Ti' on which Carmona's voice and La Mala's rap blend perfectly.

Check out a small bit of La Mala's rap in 'Ay de Ti' which I find so beautiful. To me it's pure poetry and so puro gitano (gypsy).

mala_ay de ti.mp3

"I’m walking down the street with my back full of stab wounds and he who doesn’t love suffers more, that’s clear to me, I laid down the foundation, I’m the first lady, besides I also made up the bed".

"Freedom, look at me while you still can and decide what you want, the good nor the bad does not matter to you, I'm like water, drink me from the fountain, honey, love me uninhibited, till it's over".

Note: I am not a Spanish native speaker, the translation of the last sentence may not be accurate

No comments: