Monday, April 30, 2007

Blown away

Hi guys, I have been away for a couple of days. I spent a few days in Spain where usually this time of year the weather is a whole lot warmer than in the rest of Northern Europe. To my surprise it was clouded, chilly and I have hardly seen any sun the days I spent in Spain's capital Madrid. It seemed the climate had gone wild as I left a sunny and hot Amsterdam where in this time of the year it should be drizzling rain and cold to visit Madrid in a cloudy and chilly setting.
Also bizar is what happened during the Americas Cup, a regatta that takes place this year in the city of Valencia in Spain. Normally good for reliable sailing conditions thanks to a regular sea breeze environment, the organisation held it's breath when for a few days there was hardly any wind at all while in the same period in Texas twisters were now more rule than exception and almost seemed to be part of everyday life.

No comments: