Saturday, April 7, 2007

300


Yes! I finally watched the movie '300' and I loved it! This movie is pure entertainment and although full of cliches, I loved every minute of it. Mind you, the entire movie is shot on blue screen and only the actors, costumes and some props were on stage. The visual effects are amazing and each Spartan has a gorgeous six pack (sorry, I had to put it in here). A while ago I was sent this link, but I did not understand the jokes. Now I finally do ... and indeed the jokes are so funny! There are so many one-liners from this movie that are as strong as hilarious at the same time. I found the scene with Xerces a bit funny and a bit drag queen-ish. I am not sure whether it was on purpose, but it was a nice change from the ever relentless, motivated, energetic, we-are-faithful-to-Leonides-and-will-never-give-up-cuz-we-are-true-Spartans. But my oh my, I found the movie very impressive. I regret not to have read the original comics first, but will rush to the store to buy it to compare notes. Hopefully this movie will be nominated for 'Best Visual Effects' and 'Best Adapted Screenplay' for the 80th Academy Awards. This movie I definitely want to watch again on the big screen if only to hear Leonides shout again 'THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tonight we dine in hell!