Wednesday, June 13, 2007

¡Que Viva Barcelona!






















Casa Batllo in Barcelona, by Antonio Gaudi

I spent a few days in Barcelona last week. It was a mixture of leisure (restaurants, bars, shopping and cinema) and culture (Gaudi's La Pedrera and the Museum of Contemporary Art, MACBA). The last time I went to Barcelona was a few years ago and like the first time it felt exciting to be there again. It felt that good that I already booked my next trip to this beautiful city where you can have a relaxed beach holiday and still have the advantage of the big city with boutique hotels, trendy restaurants, bars and designer boutiques. For this trip I did the usual research on the Internet and travel guides. But maybe there are places I missed or that not many people know about, so I am open for suggestions if anyone can recommend cool places to visit for my next stay in Barcelona. I still have plenty of pages to fill in my Barcelona Moleskine City Notebook, so please let me know if you know any great restaurants to eat, cool shops and any other not-to-miss events/places.

No comments: